Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
- 1 lbs. ground pork (20% fat)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 medium onion
- cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp Dijon or wholegrain mustard
- 1/2-1 tbsp caraway seeds
- 1 tbsp dried marjoram
- tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp ghee or lard
- 1/2 tsp sea or pink Himalayan salt (or to taste)
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- Peel and dice the onion and garlic. Place on a pan greased with ghee (keep some ghee for cooking the meatballs). Cook over a medium heat until fragrant and lightly browned. Stir to prevent burning. Once cooked, take off the heat and set aside.
- Place all the ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Add the cooked onion and garlic and mix using your hands until well combined.
- Using your hands, make medium-sized meatballs (4-5 per serving) and set aside.
- Grease the pan with the remaining ghee. Once hot, add the meatballs and cook over a medium-high heat for about 4 minutes, turning occasionally until browned from all sides. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 5-10 minutes. The exact time depends on the size of the meatballs. Work in batches if needed.
6 Remove from the heat and serve immediately. Let them cool down and store in the fridge for up to 5 days. To store them for longer, place in a zip-lock bag and freeze.