Ingredients (makes 16 servings)
- 1 cup pecans, ground (100 g/ 3.5 oz)
- 1 cup almond flour (100 g/ 3.5 oz)
- 4 tbsp coconut flour (32 g/ 1.1 oz)
- 1/4 cup granulated Erythritol or Swerve (50 g/ 1.8 oz)
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp sugar-free vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp melted unsalted butter (60 ml/ 2 fl oz)
- 2 1/2 cups cream cheese, softened (600 g/ 21 oz/ 1.3 lb)
- 1/3 cup granulated Erythritol or Swerve (65 g/ 2.3 oz)
- Optional: 10-15 drops liquid stevia for extra sweetness
- 1/2 cup sour cream, room temperature (113 g/ 4 oz)
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream (60 ml/ 2 fl oz)
- 1 tbsp sugar-free vanilla extract
- Optional: 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
Pecan pie topping:
- 1/3 cup brown sugar substitute such as Swerve or Sukrin Gold or Allulose (53 g/ 1.9 oz)
- 4 tbsp sugar-free maple flavored syrup such as Lakanto or Yacon Syrup or any Choc Zero syrups (60 ml/ 2 fl oz)
- 1 tsp xanthan gum or glucomannan powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (113 g/ 4 oz)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream (120 ml/ 4 fl oz)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans (218 g/ 7.7 oz)
- Adjust the rack to the middle of the oven. To make the crust, combine the crust dry ingredients in a food processor.
- Mix in the butter and vanilla extract. Pour the crust mixture into a lined 9-inch (23 cm) springform pan and press halfway up the sides using your fingers use a flat-bottomed cup to press the mixture into the bottom. Refrigerate the crust for 20 minutes. Note: It is important to press the crust up the sides of the pan also. Try to get it at least 3/4 of the way up. This will help hold the pecan pie filling once it is added to the cheesecake.
- Preheat oven to 160 °C/ 320 °F (fan assisted), or 180 °C/ 355 °F (conventional). To make the filling, in a large mixing bowl beat the cream cheese and sweetener with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until smooth and creamy.
- Add heavy cream, sour cream, vanilla, baking powder, cinnamon powder (if using) and salt. Beat until well combined. Beat in the eggs just until combined.
- Pour the cream cheese filling through a fine mesh sieve into the base it helps remove any large clumps that might spoil the cheesecake. Use an offset spatula to spread the batter evenly into the bottom.
- Put the cheesecake into the oven and bake in a large baking sheet filled with water (wrap outside of pan in a double layer of foil, covering the underside and extending all the way to the top.) Bake for 40 minutes.
- Once the cheesecake goes into the oven, begin working on the topping. Combine the brown sweetener, maple syrup, xanthan gum, and butter in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat until it reaches a boil, stirring constantly. Continue to boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool while the cheesecake is baking.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs (used in the topping layer), salt, and cream together; set aside. Once the cheesecake has baked for 40 minutes, remove it from the oven. Slowly whisk the egg mixture with the cooled syrup until well combined. Stir in the chopped pecans.
- Gently spoon the pecan topping over the cheesecake.
- Return the cheesecake to the oven and reduce temperature to 150 °C/ 300 °F (fan assisted), or 170 °C/ 340 °F (conventional) and bake for another 40-50 minutes, until the top is golden brown and crisp. (If the edges of the pecan topping are over-browning during baking, cover with foil.)
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely. Cover the cheesecake and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
- To serve, run a sharp knife under hot water and carefully dry the blade. Make a cut in the cheesecake. Optionally, drizzle with more sugar-free maple syrup.
- Repeat with rinsing the blade under hot water, carefully dry it, and make the next cut.The baked and chilled cheesecake will keep for up to 5 days covered tightly and stored in the refrigerator, or up to 2 months covered tightly and stored in the freezer. If you freeze the cheesecake before slicing, let the slices sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before serving.