Yields: 3 Servings
Prep Time: 25 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
Total Time: 1 hr 10 mins
16 oz heavy cream
½ tsp vanilla extract
¾ cup erythritol (for creme brulee mixture)
3 tbsp erythritol or other sweetener (for topping)
3 egg yolks
optional: hot water (for water bath)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine the heavy cream and vanilla extract in a medium saucepan and heat over medium-high heat.
- Bring this mixture to a boil, cover, and then allow to sit for 15-18 minutes.
- While your mixture is sitting, combine 1 cup of the erythritol and egg yolks in a large bowl.
- Using a hand mixture, beat the eggs and erythritol until well combined.
Note: the mixture will lighten in color.
- Slowly pour in the cooled heavy cream mixture, stirring to mix well.
- Evenly pour the keto creme Brule mixture into three ramekins.
- To cook the keto creme Brule, you can either bake on a baking sheet or in a water bath. The water bath will help reduce any cracking.
- If placing in a water bath, set the ramekins inside of a pan, and then pour hot water into the pan until water cover about half of the ramekin.
If not using a water bath, place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until set (but still soft in the center).
- Remove from the oven and allow to completely cool (may take 1-2 hours).
- Sprinkle an additional 1 tbsp over each of the ramekin and heat either using a kitchen (culinary) torch or heat a spoon and then quickly press the spoon onto the sweetener (the spoon will have to be hot enough to brown the sweetener, so you will have to move quickly).
- Enjoy your keto creme Brule!
Serving Size 1
5.9g Net Carbs
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 57.8g 89%
Total Carbohydrate 5.9g 2%
Dietary Fiber 0g
Protein 2.7g 6%