Yields: 4 Servings
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
200 g cooked spaghetti squash
¼ cup shredded cheese
3 tbsp bacon pieces (or 2 strips cooked and chopped bacon)
1 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Scramble the eggs in a bowl.
- Stir in the salt, pepper, and any other seasonings you’d like to add to the eggs.
- With a fork, stir in the spaghetti squash, followed by the shredded cheese and bacon bits.
- Once the oil is heated (if you drop a piece of the squash in, the oil will sizzle), spoon a heaping spoonful of the keto hash brown mixture into the pan and flatten.
Note: depending on the size of hash brown you create, you can cook multiple at once, just make sure to leave space between them. If they overlap, the water from the squash can cause them to steam instead of frying.
- Allow your keto hash browns to fry and brown for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown and then flip.
- Cook the other side for an additional 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Repeat this step until all of the hash browns are made.
Note: Make sure to spray with the pan with cooking spray or add more olive oil between cooking so that the keto hash browns do not stick to the pan.
- Enjoy and serve your keto hash browns alone or with a side of sugar-free ketchup, hot sauce, or ranch dressing!
Serving Size 1
2.9g Net Carbs
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 6.2g 10%
Total Carbohydrate 3.7g 2%
Dietary Fiber 0.8g 4%
Protein 0.1g 1%