Yields: 2 Servings
Prep Time: 35 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 1 hr 5 mins
2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
4 tbsp sugar-free BBQ sauce
4 slices of bacon, raw
2 tbsp BBQ seasoning
12 oz package frozen cauliflower florets
½ cup mayonnaise
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
2 stalks of celery, ends removed, about 6–7″ each, diced
½ tsp Dijon mustard
½ tsp onion powder
2 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 15 minutes
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Starting with the thickest ends, cut chicken breasts into 1″ x 1″ cubes, looking for about 6 large cubes per breast. Season with BBQ seasoning (save thinner parts for another recipe).
- Cut bacon slices into thirds. Wrap each chicken cube with a cut slice of bacon.
- Skewer the bacon wrapped chicken pieces, piercing through the side where the two bacon ends meet.
- Once your two skewers are assembled, spread 1 tbs BBQ sauce over each. Plate each skewer on a baking dish where the skewers can rest above the bottom of the dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes, turning skewers every 10 minutes. When the chicken goes in the oven, begin to prepare the faux-tato salad.
- Prepare cauliflower according to package instructions and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing. In a small mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, onion powder, and mustard and mix.
- Add cooled cauliflower, draining as much water as possible, to a bowl along with the celery. Add dressing, toss to coat.
- When removing chicken from oven, allow to rest 5 minutes. Next, brush 1 tbs of additional BBQ sauce over each.
- Plate one skewer for each serving with one quarter of the faux-tato salad.
- Chef’s Tip: It is best to make the faux-tato salad in advance to chill and allow the flavors to combine.
Serving Size 1
6g Net Carbs
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 40g 62%
Total Carbohydrate 6g 2%
Protein 33g 66%